1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
Well, I will do one better than that I have been off and on break for a while. What have I been doing??? STARTING A NEW JOB!!!!!! yes I got a job as a Hospice Case Manager about three weeks ago. Yesterday, I was promoted to the other job they had posted Clinical Director of Hospice!!! The second job I did not even apply for they just thought I was suited to do the job. So in three weeks I got a job and a raise!!! Is God good or what??
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
I have 7 siblings! Kind of a your mine and ours family. 4 of us all girls with my mom and dad. After they divorced my dad married my step mom who had 2 daughters, then my mom remarried and had 2 sons. So that makes 8 all together!
Gosh now you want a favorite sibling story.......Ok my brother Tom is the youngest. When he was born I was 16 years old. he was MY baby. When I moved out I would come to get him to come stay with me at my dad's house. One particular time I was babysitting him over night for my mom. he did not like to be away from mom so I told him there were bunny rabbits at my dad's house. he was about 3. He made me sit on the front porch of my dad's house for more than an hour before a rabbit came hopping out and he went to bed for the night!
I might add he is still a spoiled brat now at 30 something!
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
I think it is important to buy American. With that being said I do not own an American car. I have a Subaru. But in my defence they are built to last better. Even though some cars are foreign in design there are factories in America where they are built!
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
When I first became a Christian about 30 years ago. I was given a book called the Survival Kit for Christians. It taught me how to read the Bible, study it, memorize verses and help me to make the Bible a part of my daily life.
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
Rainy days do not bother me unless I am on the west coast and it rains FOREVER. I do love the sunshine but know we need the rain. I love the smell after the rain. (I am one of those weird people who associate smell with things)
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
Two particular poems hold special meaning for me cause my kids wrote them my daughter wrote The Window. It is a sad poem about a dark place looking out the window. But it is very special to me. My son also wrote his first poem. I can not remember the name because it is in Latin but it tells about the divinity of God.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so excited about my new job and raise all I can do is say PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! and THANK YOU FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!