This is the time when we all get to know each other a tiny bit better thanks to Joyce out Hodge Podge leader. Thank you Joyce!
1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
I am hoping I will be helping the movers move my stuff into the house and getting it all set up! I was expecting them on Monday and now they say anytime between Mon and Thursday. So here's me hoping it is tomorrow!!!
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
We moved from SC to Ohio. DH got a promotion. I had to look for a job. We had to find a house. (I know I griped and complained along the way; I am sorry patience is not my strong suit). I think we are finally getting everything in order now. Hopefully' now to see what God wants to use us for.
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
I am sorry to say i thought about it on Ash Wednesday; actually I thought about it on Fat Tuesday. Being raised a catholic and having to follow all the rituals I rebelled as a teenager and never looked back. Now I am seeing some of the rituals can be a special thing between me and God. To be honest I have not given up anything. I did start a new reading plan in my Bible but I am thinking I will be doing that much longer than the 40 days of Lent. So maybe I will do another just for Lent. I want to be closer to God every day of the year not only when I am told to do something. Ya know?
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
Long time ago; but I am hoping I will be able to do it soon in my own house by my own fire.
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
I love surf and turf. I love lobster and I love steak!
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
When I read this question the first show that came to mind was ER. I loved ER was a true fan it did get crazy at times but that is what made it a good show.
I am also an avid Seinfeld fan. Still watch re-runs. My kids quote it to me that's how bad I had it no one spoke when Jerry was on.
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
i would have to say gnat! Lol! I have calendars everywhere and still miss stuff. I think because with my job and school I have to remember so much I forget everyday things. Well, it sounded good to me! ha-ha
I am happy; really I am I have a new home and I know I still have loose ends to tie up like the house in SC but I am happy here. I can visit my family and my dad whenever I want even if its for the day. I missed so much with them now I am so much closer. I still have sad times when I miss my kids but that is something the Lord and me have to work on because as much as I would like it; it doesn't look like either of them are gonna move next store. I am happy, even if my furniture does not come tomorrow! LOL!