Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Long time

It has been a long time since I have been here. School, work and illness have kept me away but life does go on around us even when we are busy with other things. I wanted y'al to know I have still been praying for y'al even though I haven't been blogging for a while. Gina, I hope you feel better soon and Glenda, whatever is going on with you know you are in my prayers and in the palm of our Lords hand.
News from my life. I am on a school break now until Jan 11. That alone is like a breath of fresh air. I will finally be done with my bachelors degree some time in May. I know I want to start my masters in the fall but I am trying to decide which track to take. I have been thinking about going the education route so I can train new nurses but lately I have also been thinking about being a Nurse Practitioner. The schooling is the same, maybe a few months more for NP to be able to prescribe meds. I have also been trying to figure out where I will go. MUSC, the hospital where I work, South University the college where I go now, or lately I have been thinking about West Virginia University (I was hoping there was an online class there but there is not, so I would have to move should I go there. We have been thinking about making that move because it is closer to home but not too close.) WV has a NP of women's practice which I would love to do. Another opportunity that has come up is my boss has been talking about after getting my degree or actually once I start to work with her in management as a educator or assistant manager. (I am tempted by that one too but do not know if I would like it.)
My family is doing well my daughter is pregnant with my third grand child her second child. My son has finally graduated from college. (YEAH!!) Now he is looking for a job in a church or other job. My husband is good.
The rest of my Jerry Springer family are doing OK. They have ups and downs outbursts and fights I have decided to stay as far away from that as I can. (Considering they always call me when something goes wrong.) I am trying not to get upset about it anymore.
I will try to keep better touch here throughout the break and from now on. The next few days I will be catching up on old post.
Merry Christmas Blogging Friends!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi Becky,I am catching up on blogs today..I was only with out Betsy a few days but it seems a lot longer.It looks like you are going to have a busy exciting year with a lot of choices to make. You are such an encouragement to me to move forward with my art.Not let life get in the way. :-)

Donna's Book Nook said...

Good to hear from you. You have certainly been busy. Those are some exciting choices--I know the Lord will lead you in the right direction. Blessings to you and yours this Christmas season.