Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alone Again Naturally

When I was a teenager there was a popular song called "Alone again naturally". In the song the singer sings how he has this and that in his his life but somehow always ends up alone naturally. I identified with this song when I was younger because I always felt alone. Crazy as it seems sometimes I could even feel alone in a crowded room with people I love. I heard the song the other day and remembered that time in my life. I was lost and alone most of the time. I felt wonderful when I was with my friends or my boyfriend, who is now my husband, but after they left I always felt "alone again naturally".

Much has changed since then. I am a wife, mother, grandmother, accomplished as a nurse and love where I am and what I do. But, most importantly I am now a follower of Jesus Christ. I know that He is with me always and I am NEVER really alone. Wherever I am and where ever I go He is with me. OH, I am still human and make mistakes ALL the time and I have my opinions sometimes my opinions are a little selfish after all I am human. The difference now is I am a follower of Christ as I said He is always with me. SO I try to be the best person I can be. When I am selfish I now have an inner voice to let me know I am being selfish and acting human again. I know I am a work in process. to become ore and more like Christ everyday. O, I know I am not there yet but I do try to be the best I can be because after all I will never again be "Alone again naturally"

No comments: