Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hodge Podge time

 





1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here. Your thoughts?

I think this is still America and we have rights! Now a government is telling us what to eat or drink! It is totally unacceptable!! What is next will they be telling us what to wear and where we can go????




2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?

I just love festivals. I would go to any. I love to see the sights and watch the people.

3. What are you irrational about?
 
It seems I am irrational about my brother. He gets into my heart! I can not bear to hear or see him cry. He leaves this woman and goes back again and again. I even pay for his phone just so he has one of his own. I do not think I would put up his antics from anyone else. My kids even tell me let him go do his own thing.....but when he calls crying i have to help....like he is one of my kids...


4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
 
I think we will do ok. 



5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games.)


Gabby winning the gold in gymnastics. Phelps winning the gold and breaking the records.

6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
 
right now it is my office. My hubby fixed a book shelf for me so I could get all my books put away and they are everywhere in here.


7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
 
Unfortunately I think I follow my heart too much. Sometimes I think I should follow my head.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
 
At the moment I am home for a week. DO not go back to travel assignment until the 16th of August. I have a sprained wrist. We have this old dog, very old on her way out, but that is another story, any how I was assisting her up the stairs into the house because she fell on the step. Well she fell again and this time on my hand, wrist and her whole 100lbs landed on my wrist!  OUCH!!! So I am back home and everything including my pay ison hold for a week.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh dear. So sorry about your wrist. I hope it heals quickly!

Theresa said...

Amen to #1! I hope your wrist heals quickly.

Dee said...

I do not believe they really care about people health issues with weight...it is about money. They are going down the same path against people with weight as they did with smokers. Like you said..what next?
I would go to an art festival:)Unfortunately I blend heart and head... I enjoy learning about you on your Hodge Podge Wednesday.