Saturday, August 25, 2007

Did I make the right decision?

I have never been in this situation before. I have a full time job that I like, everything is going good. Everyone in a while I would think do I want to do this forever? DO I want to go back to work at the hospital or stay here. Then without even looking a job comes looking for me. I worked in a GYN ONC clinic and loved my job about two to three years ago. The job became more and more stressful and at the time my daughter had just got married and my son was starting college. The work never seemed to get done, but I loved what I did. Finally I had to quit, the stress level was higher and higher and I just wasn't happy any more. After being gone for two years a few other people have taken the job to find out the same thing I did, very stressful and quit. Now they have broken the job down into three different jobs and have contacted me to see if I want one of the jobs. The pay I found out this week is great, I would not loose anything. The benefits are definitely better there. The problem is I now work 3 12 hour shifts night shift, this job would be 5 days a week 8 hours a day.
I have pretty much decided to take the job now I just have to formalize things. I am still torn between the two jobs though, did I make the right decision? I will soon find out and I will let you know

No comments: