Sunday, July 12, 2009

Do not think it matters

I am at work today and I am disturbed by a sermon I heard as I entered a patients room. The minister, I guess that is who he was, was using biblical history and text to prove that Jesus was a black man. Why does this matter? Will it change my life or my salvation, NO! Will it help another person to come to Christ; I do not know. Will it save souls? That should be the real question this minister is asking himself. I am disturbed by this because the minister could have been preaching so many other things that could help encourage people to follow Christ; he could have been ministering to the lost or enlisting Christians to do the Lord's work. But he was waisting his time just to prove whether Jesus was white or black.
I guess I do not understand all this. We are all God's children! Black, white, yellow, red or any other color. Jesus died on the cross for ALL! Not for white man or black man FOR ALL. So why does this matter.

5 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I just listened to sermon about that very thing here:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=525091133123

A christian is a christian period, God see's hearts not skin!
If you have the time go listen. its a great sermon.

Dee said...

Goodness! I did not know there was scripture to cover that subject. I totally agree with you that he could have been been preaching other things. The lord says that there would be people who called him Lord but that He did not know them. Yes we are all Gods children and he loves all of us. If He was concerned about His color He would have said in plain language.. this is important..I am black or I am white green or purple. Some people just get off track! Dee

Washer Mom Val said...

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight - Jesus loves the little children (we are all little children!) of the world! Sing it with me!

Dee said...

Just popping in to say hi. Dee

Gina said...

Miss you Becky.