Friday, August 5, 2011

I've been gone for a while...but I am back now

I have been gone for a while but I am back now. I have been moving, grieving, starting a new job and pondering. We are moved to Ohio now. Still waiting to sell the house in South Carolina in this market has proved to be a challenge but we will persevere .




Grieving has been hard I moved closer to Pittsburgh to be close to family. My dear grandmother dying the day before I moved here shook me to the core! I was so certain God wanted me to be closer to her. I have no guilt where she is concerned we were very close all the way to the the end. I am sad because I was not there when she died but I wasn't given that chance. I will get into the meat of that story later..... She was a beautiful lady inside and out...I know now she is with my Lord making him so great Italian food! LOL!


I started my new job on Monday. It is good! I haven't actually been nursing on the floors yet have to do a million other things before I get there...my first floor day will be Thursday next week. I am really looking forward to it.


Pondering what does God want me to do now that I am here? Why did things happen the way they did? Why is my mother's sister, my aunt so mad at me? Why does she want the picture?

(I will explain. All the while I was growing up in my grandmother's attic at the top of the stairs was a picture of my grandmother's family. My grandmother was about 5 or 6 in the picture. It has her mother, brothers, sisters and another women who has a blue, the only colored thing in the whole picture, scarf on her head. I was given this picture by my grandmother and mother. My aunt wants it. Badf enough to try to forbid me to see my grandmother when she was alive. Bad enough now to not give any of my family there pictures and gifts given to my grandmother while she was alive. She has them all in a box and told my sister they can have their things when I give her the picture.) I have been pondering this since my grandmother's death along with missing her like crazy. (When I first told my grandmother about her trying to forbid me from seeing her because of the picture...my nana laughed and didn't know why anybody wanted that old picture.) To be honest with you I only wanted it because she gave it me; actually my mom gave it to me but my grandmother told her to. So today I am wondering what should I do as the Christain in this scenerio. Should I give in and give her the picture? If she would have asked me for it nicely I probally would have long ago. But she never asked just demanded...

So now I am thinking should I be the bigger person and give it to her. After all I have many pictures of my Nana and many cherished memories......


What would you do? What do you think? Help me with this one.......

No comments: