Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Hodge Podge Wednesday
1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
I think we just became more aware of the danger. The rest of the world has been dealing with it for a while. On September 11, 2001 the danger was just brought to our front door and our blinders were removed. We found out we are vulnerable too. I'll be honest, I don't really think my life changed much. It takes longer to get on a flight; and I have shut down the search line in the air port because of a snow globe in my carry on but other than that I do not think it has changed because of 911.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
I remember thinking they were when I was younger. I did get grounded a lot when I was a teenager. But I think times were different. Now as an adult I do think my step dad was a little too strict.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I am not a very friendly person when I first meet people. I guess I am a little shy. It just takes me a while to open up face to face. I have even been said to be mean but really I am not! I swear! Maybe its good I married Mr friendly who talks to everybody.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
I think he would say complicated. i think he really can figure me out but then there's menopause setting in....COMPLICATED!!! Even I don't understand some times.
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
Corn Dogs I love them!!!! Oh and pretzels!!! and popcorn....I could go on
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest?
I have been in a storm where a tornado was across the street from my home. I have prepared for hurricanes but never experienced one. I was in one earth quake although I did not know what it was at the time. I think all are equally scary.
7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
I was assigned chores, or should I say things I had to do the dishes, clean my room and other things. I did not get paid for them. I do think chores are good thing. I am not sure about paying for them but then again if children learn to have money and save money for things they want at a young age it may help them to handle money when they get older.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have been looking at house since I moved here to Ohio. We are still in the apartment my hubby's company got us. The end of September the lease will be up and we will have to negotiate for more time here or move some where else. We found two houses we really like. I like one more than the other because it is completely different style