It is that wonderful time of week when we share a little of ourselves with the world. It't Hodge Podge time!! C ome and join in http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/
1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?
No, most of the time I do not. I have on occasion did one but not regularly.
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?
I am very much torn on this because I had a daughter in the military. I think women should be able to do anything they are capable of doing. The key words here are capable of doing. I would let my daughter be the one to defend the family if need be in an attack and never tell he she could not if she wanted to do it. With that being said there are some jobs just best suited for men.Face it we are different, and I am as independent as ever but.....
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?
I would have to say weekend with dad. Just because.
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?
Overly permissive parents are worse I think because the children have no boundaries. No consequences for wrong actions there for they do not learn what is wrong and right if they get away with everything.
My mom was the worker mostly; my step dad was mean. I lived with them most of my life from 11-17. I do not remember before that. Dad was in the middle somewhere.
I think I was in the middle also.
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite?
I like the moon light...it is peaceful and calming.
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.
My favorite book in childhood was Dr Seuss... It was and still is One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I remember taking it out of the school library in grade school often. Books really did not play a big part in my life until I had children then I read to them regularly.
7. To quote Dr. Seuss...
"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
From my daughter and grandson Remy while she was trying to get him ready to go to day care one morning so she could go to school.
Sharon- C'mon Remy it is time to get ready to go to Miss Donna's
Remy- as he jumps ups runs around the room and starts to dance- No mama it is time to dance!
He is two and a half and very sweet and unpredictable.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am ready for warmer weather only because I am tired of having to get heating fuel! They will not give us credit because of the house in SC and everything going on with it but we need it so we must pay cash every time! Annoying. O how I wish I could fill the tank and be done with it!