Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back to the real world

I am back home from the west coast and Sharon's house. I had a wonderful time while I was there spending much time with my grandson. It was wonderful! I got to read a whole children's Bible to him. He is such a character and can tell some stories! The funny thing is I have been home for three days two of which I worked and it seems like it was so long ago that I saw them. I will see them again hopefully in September, definitely in December for Kevin's birthday. This is the world we live in families are not right around the corner anymore. We are scattered across the globe. More and more I learn to trust God to protect my family and give me strength. I trust Him to make sure they are OK. I also trust Him to help me deal with the miles between my family and me. He is always there. I got a call from my daughter just a little while ago Ethan, she does not remember why or how, but they had a discussion about God and who he is and she told him about God! This is amazing to me because my daughter although she does believe in God does not want to live the Christan lifestyle. God is great! I pray for them everyday and everyday I pray that my grandson will know who He is and learn about him. Today a prayer was answered my daughter talked to my grandson about God! Praise YOU Lord!!!

3 comments:

Donna's Book Nook said...

That was a gift to you from God for mother's day--t know that your daughter discussed God with her son. blessings. Donna

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I know the feeling about the kids being miles away. I miss seeing and hugging and kissing their faces, Something you just can't do with a phone call. I too trust that God will direct their paths!
Thanks for your thoughts today!

Gina said...

It was great that you had such and influence in Ethan's life concerning God! I know how you feel about not seeing you kids, it has been five months since we have seen ours. Just think Sept. is only for months away!