Monday, May 4, 2009

Blessings

I am sitting here in my daughters kitchen. Ethan and Kevin are in the living room watching noggin and playing with the dogs. Just the sound of their playing makes me realize how blessed I am. God gave me my wonderful husband and because of that I have this wonderful boy to love and play with. I have a tendency sometimes to focus on the negative side of life and cry out my feelings so today I am just sharing blessings and giving thanks to the Lord for the blessings He gave me.

-30 years ago I met a wonderful man in the mountains of Pennsylvania. He was the friend of my cousin's boyfriend. We have been together ever since.

-I have two wonderful children who are both good kids.

-My children were both blessed with good mates who love them.

-I am Memaw of two great grand kids

-No matter the distance between us my family is still strong and all love each other.

-God allowed us to save some money so Kevin and I could come out here and spend time with Sharon and her family.

-Kevin and I both have good jobs and although times are bad we are still working.

-We are all healthy.

-We all have a place to live.

I could go on and on. I think I will try to make at least one blessings post a week just so I can thank God for the blessings he has given me that week.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I may join you on the blessing posts. Sunshine and grandkids will always remind us of our blessings. Dee :)