Monday, May 18, 2009

My Mom


Today I completed packing my mom and all that we could fit of her stuff into my jeep so she can move back to Pittsburgh. She has lived in South Carolina for 2 years and now since my grandmother is back home mom is going back too. She cared for my grandmother for the last 16 years before she went into the nursing home. Now she is terribly lonely without my grandmother and misses her. She does not know where she will live when she gets there. She will most likely stay with one of my sisters for a while. All she knows is she can visit my grandmother everyday if she wants.. My Nana, my grandmother, is 96 years old. She asks for my mom all the time and asks where she is. So mom is going to spend time with her.

I think it is wonderful that she is going to spend time with my Nana. I will miss mom because she has been here with me for the last two years. But, I know she needs to be with my nana. I love her very much and I am proud of her.

3 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

you are so blessed to have your mom and your Nana...and its so sweet that your mom is still her baby!

Dee said...

I think i see God at work here! You are such a blessing to your family. I am happy for your Mom and Nana. Dee

Gina said...

You are a great daughter who recognizes the need of her mom. Be blessed and know you are doing the right thing by letting her go to your Nana.