Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Witness to God's Work

As I stated in the last post I spent the Labor Day weekend at my son's house at seminary. I watched them interact with their neighbor who are all seminary students who have all been in the same boat as they are right now. My son has training for the job I talked about in the last post. He will work for a security firm. It will start out as part time on weekends second shift. My husband and I went there this weekend fully willing and capable to help them pay their monthly bills this month. We went to church with them and enjoyed a great service. We hung out and enjoyed the day then Kevin accompanied Bryan to his small group that evening. It is a couples small group on the first weekend of the month the men meet for accountability. I believe my daughter in law said the women meet on the third weekend of the month; the other two the couples meet. Anyhow, when the guys came home Bryan told Elise they gave him some envelopes. He stared opening them. What they found is truly a God thing. They found in those envelopes enough money to pay their bills this month and next. We were all stunned. This group of young families are in the same finical boat as my son; and they have only known them for a month. I could go on and on and on about this BUT the truth is God did this. A few posts ago I stated I was worried about my son. But God has answered our prayers in a wonderful way! I know as sure as I am sitting in my living room right now that GOD will take care of him and his family. I should not be as amazed as I am because I know God is great and wonderful! But I have to say I am truly stunned to be a witness to his work.
I know God is great! I know He can move mountains! So why was I so surprised by Him taking care of my son. I do not know. I could rationalize it but that would only give me excuses to make myself feel better. If I say i have faith in God and do not even trust Him with my son what am I saying to the world? Am I saying I trust God when it is convenient for me? Do I trust God with my children and grandchildren? I thought I did. But do I? This is something I am going to have to ponder on and pray about. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......................

No comments: