Friday, November 26, 2010

Decisions are not easy

I am thinking and thinking and thinking.....sometimes I think I think too much.....
I am in school for my master's degree as many of you know in nursing. This is a big task and I have decided to my best at this. I feel by doing my best I am honoring God who has given me this opportunity. So I applied for a couple day time jobs which would leave me open on nights and weekends to do school. I thought I was perfectly qualified for the first job; everyone told me I was. The interviews went great. I made it all the way to the end of the process and then I heard nothing. I called they told me it still looked good but they were still interveiwing. I still heard nothing so I thought well for some reason this job was stalled and I would hear at some future point. So I moved on. I got a call from a friend of mine who is the manager in the cancer clinic. She had a job I would be perfect for triage of cancer patients at the clinic. it is a Mon- Fri job, no weekends or holidays. A regular job, now I work 3/ 12 hr night shifts which really messes up the rest of my life. I work night so I sleep in the day; kevin works swing shift so he works days and nights. But he works 4 days on and 4 days off so my 3/ 12s work with his schedule because we can have days off together and manke plans and do things.
Ok so my friend offers me this job. Kevin and I talk and the two of us decide it is a good thing so we can go along with our two year plan of me finishing school and moving closer to home in two years. So I have done everything Stacy wants me to do. The new schedule where I work comes out and I am not on it. I call Stacy and I get a text that syas we have to talk money and she will call me later. If I move to the clinic I will already take a pay cut because I will not be getting my shift diffrential. So I told Stacy I would want to take this job for my base pay. So if we have to talk money that is making me think they want to work for less. What do I do??? Take a pay cut???? or stay where I am????
I need God to show me the way...... Please pray for guidance.......

1 comment:

Dee said...

Gee Becky...I don't no what to tell you. How would you feel working at a lower pay rate and do you need the extra money? On the other hand you would not be so worn out and could be with you husband more and study. You have a good goal plan. Also would this job be secure? I am saying a prayer for you for discernment.