Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Hodge Podge Wednesday 10/12/11
1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
I've been asked to jury duty several times. Only actually served one time. It was an assult case. it almost felt like a Jerry Springer show when the witnesses were called. It was totally obvious that there had been an assult. When we got into the jury room everyone started talking about this witness or that. We voted and all voted guilty. Case was over in two hours. Since then I have been asked several times and never called. I don't know if I am disappointed or not. Hmm Actually I'd rather not be called.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
On a scale of 1-10 if your talking mechanically like cars, plumbing and that kind of stuff I am a 0! Recently, I got a flat tire on the way home from work in the morning. My husband was working so I had to call road side assistance because I did not even know how to use the jack!
I sat there for all most an hour waiting for help, as construction workers walked by looked at me then my tire and kept going Until a kind gentleman came to my rescue. (That is when I realized I was not in the south anymore!)
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable?
Cabbage and cauliflower I would have to say! I also love pumpkin and zuccini
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
Praise and worship music. I can not feel sorry for myself while I am singing praises to God.
5. Do you enjoy classical music?
I do like it but I do not listen to it that often and I do not know why. It is very relaxing.
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month?
I just finished reading Michal I am not sure who wrote it. its about David's wife Michal. Now I have a few choices Nora Roberts, love her stuff, just bought one of her book. Then I have a few more at home one is called the Eden project about a scientist and a explorer who are looking for a certain tribe of people who have a gene for a cure of a rare disease. I don't know what to read yet.
7. What is your idea of 'cute'?
My idea of cute is my grand sons. I would post pictures but I am at work right now. Working hard ;)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well the future does not look as grim as last week. My husbands company told us we can stay through November then they will reassess. I am hoping they will get tires of this and just buy our house in SC then they can sell it for a profit when the market comes back around. Still looking around here for houses.