Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Hodge Podge



1. What's your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening?

I like chilli with cheese and sour cream on top a baked potato. Only problem is my husband is addicted to chili so we have it quite often.

2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain

I'd say I am a creature of habit I like a clam easy living. I get chai tea from Starbucks every time I go. I do switch it up by getting cold or hot. I loved the apple chai tea until I got one from one place and I do not know what they did but it had chuncks in it!!! EWWWW! Back to my regular from now on.

3. What food product (no longer readily available) do you remember and miss from days gone by?
Clark bar. It was one of my favorite candy bars but since I am diabetic I can no longer eat them and they are no where to be found.

4. What's something you've lost that you've never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened?

WHen I was dating my husband he bought me a beautiful star sapphire necklace. I took it off for some reason at his mother's house and layed it on the table. When we returned it was gone! I was so upset. My husband swore he would never buy me another necklace..( he has) I think one of the kids that came in the house stole it. He has two younger brothers and a younger sister and some of their friends were kinda shady characters if ya know what I mean.

5. Zoo~circus~ carnival...your favorite?

I am a carnival person. ANimals in the zoo are usually all in the cage laying down when I go. Have not been to a circus since I took my younger brother and he fell asleep on my lap. That was about 20-25 years ago. Carnival because there are always some kind of atrs crafty things to look at and buy and the food well who could pass up a deep fried twinkee! (just kidding but they do have some good food most times)

6. What song makes you feel instantly happy?

American Pie. It is a song from my youth when things were simple and unstressed. All we worried about was when to get home for supper.

7. To what extent are you an argumentative person?

I am not an argumentative person. I have always been a peace maker. I was the one who tried to get my mom and dad back together before they divorced. I am the one who tried to make sure everyone was ok and got along. (I did get fiesty as a teen ager)
I can stand up for myself but try not to cause conflict.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
We found out today my husbands company will only pay for our housing till the end of the month. We still have not sold the house in SC and are paying a mortgage on that. Now we have to find a place to live here. I have so much to do and I am trying not to stress and let God be in control. But I don't always do that. yesterday I got a phone call from a family member that has been harrassing me for me a while. (he is the husband of my mother's sister and they want something my grandmother gave me. I am going to give it to them just because I really do not need or want it. I have beautiful memories of my grandmother and her sewing machine as I said last week.) He was mean, as usual, and demeaning, as usual and I lost it everything just came to the surface when my poor daughter let me know I was too late buying something from my grandson for school and now he would have to give back his prize. (we fixed that and he does not) I just started to cry and cry and cry. After I calmed down I took a ride listened to Christain music and looked at God's beauty in the colorful trees. I rode for about an hour and a half.
I am ok today but scared. I will trust in God and may need to make a leap of faith soon and buy a house and pay 2 mortgages. iots in God's hands.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Oh goodness...I do pray your house sells. That all sounds stressful! Hope you get some good news this week!