Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Hodge Podge Wednesday
Its Hodge Podge time!!!!
1. Let's start with something controversial...dressing or stuffing? What's it called in your house and what's included in your recipe? cornbread? oysters? sausage? chestnuts?
Its stuffing where I come from in Western Pennsylvinia in a little town called Pittsburgh. No crazy stuff in the stuffing just the original stuff, bread, celery, eggs, onions and seasoning, I add broth for flavering and mushrooms just because.
2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
Wow this is a hard question. I really do not compare myself to anyone. I would like to think I had a body like Cindy Crawford; but that was just a dream, just a dream......
3. When was the last time you were in an airport?
This summer to pick up my daughter, and grandsons. We had a great time and I am hoping I can get all the home stuff settled so I can go to visit them soon!
4. What is the one dish that must absolutely be included in a turkey dinner?
Mashed potatoes and gravy!
5. What Christmas song do you dread hearing?
Gramma got run over by a reindeer! Gosh I can not stand that song! It makes me crazy!!
6. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money in a 'tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support at the holidays and/or year round?
I do not always give money to people who ask, but sometimes I do. I am fickle but have a tender heart; a good sob story can make me cry. (It is why I can never win the lottery.) I do give to a specific charity besides my church it is http://www.ifmissions.org/Welcome.html right now they are looking for sponsors to donate a one time donation of $30 to get the kids a coat and shoes for the winter. The children are from a remote part of China. Friends of ours from church are on the board and are in China for a few years with their family.
7. Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory.
Thanksgiving at my grandmothers house was always a bounty of food. She was italian so along with a full course Thanksgiving meal we always had a full Italian meal also. I remember sitting in the basement at the children's table. I also remember moving up stairs to the adult table. We always had a great time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so excited we will close on our new home on December 9!!!! We are allowing the sellers a week after to move out then our stuff will be delivered from South Carolina!! The first thing I am going to do is get a Christmas tree!!!!