Saturday, February 28, 2009

A friend went home

I just come form a memorial service for a friend and brother in Christ. His name, Charlie Murray. Charlie was a big part of our life in our previous church he was the chairman of deacons and a Sunday school teacher, choir member. My Sunday school teacher. His wife Sherry is also wonderful The memorial service was a blessing because Charlie is now truly home with our Lord and Saviour. He suffered many illnesses in his life. I remember when I fist saw him in the choir singing in the back row with oxygen on. He had a lung transplant 10 years ago and dealt with that for a long time. Last year he got acute leukemia. He had treatment, a bone marrow transplant and finally a bacteria infection in his lungs took his life. He will be missed. But my heart is also happy for him because he is now with the Lord in a perfect body singing in the Lords choir.
Charlie I thank the Lord for letting you be a part of my life even when I was mad at you for whatever it happened to be. All my love to your family.

4 comments:

Gina said...

What a wonderful memorial you wrote. You are a good friend.

Donna's Book Nook said...

It is wonderful to have these kind of christian friends. What a sweet memory you have. Donna

Dee said...

Becky, I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am thankful God gave us the ability of memory to fall back on of good times and times shared in worship with a brother or sister in Christ. Dee

Washer Mom Val said...

Sorry for your loss Becky. You are strong and God will help you grieve and live through this friend passing. To see Jesus face to face....that as Christians is a journey to attain. He is healed. Know your friends are lifting you up from blogland.