Monday, February 16, 2009

I finally made a decision.... No just need the courage to proceed.

Hello blogger friends. I have finally made a decision on what I want to do with my job. In this era of unemployment and lay offs. I was blessed with choices as to where I wanted to work and have been struggling with the decision for months. This past month the Lord has really been talking to me about things in my life I need to take care of like..... my service to Him, my health, my education, family, and my job. I have shared some of this in previous posts. This past weekend Kevin and I took the camper to Myrtle Beach to spend time with my dad and step-mom together so we could bring our dog and not have to put her in a shelter for the weekend. (She really hates it and I do not have anyone around who can tend to her at the present time. She can not be left alone because she needs to take daily medication for seizures.) Any how, a few things happened to help me make the decision. 1. Last week I stressed myself out so much that I completely missed an assignment and did not turn in another I thought I did. 2. A co-worker of Kevin's died in a motor cycle accident. (He was not wearing a helmet...I could post a mouthful on that topic but now is not the place.) 3. My grand son called me and said"Memaw I miss you!" he is three and he lives in Oregon I live in South Carolina. I miss him and my daughter so much it hurts. I talk to them often but it is not the same. 4. I stayed up till 2am after I finally got to the beach to type a paper I had to turn in for my class only to find out I had typed it in the wrong format and again got a failing grade because I could not submit it correctly. I found out when I got home and checked my grades. 5. I took my weekly test for my class and failed because I have been so busy I have not had time to read the assignments. #5 was the straw that broke this camels back. I can not fail school! I have wanted this for too long and now my husband is in total support with this, not he was not before but now he is encouraging me to continue. I decided to go back into the hospital and work 3 12 hour shifts a week. That way I will have time off to study, can arrange my schedule so I will not have to take so much vacation time but can visit my family more often because I will have more time off. Shift differentials will also give me more money per hour from 3-7pm and on weekends. Most importantly I can go back to working at Kids Pointe, the children's ministry at the church. I had to quit because I had no time. I have already talked to the boss on the floor and she said I do not have to work Sunday's if I do not want to. If I have to work a weekend it can be Friday and Saturday. I can make my schedule rotate around Kevin's schedule so we will have more time to spend together.
Now I just need the courage to tell the people I work with now. I love all of them! That what has been making this decision so hard. I have to tell the doctors I work with who are right now writing me letters of recommendation to continue my schooling. They are both wonderful! I love them too. The nurses here and other staff are also wonderful. This is what will be the hard part but I have made the decision. I will talk to Megan, one of the doctors I work with. She will be one of the hardest to tell. After I talk to her I will talk to Denise tomorrow, the other doctor I work with, then I will talk to my boss here. I have decided to continue here until the first week of April, this weight challenge will be over and I will not have to be down town here as much.

4 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Becky...I have a great idea! Give them your blog address! That explained everything perfectly and lovingly.
I will be in prayer for you!
♥ Glenda

Dee said...

I am sure you have made the right choice. It has been prayerfully thought out. The Lord will prepare the hearts of your boss and workers - just ask him. I will continue to pray for you. Dee

Anonymous said...

Ummm...hello? What about your enlightening conversation with your sagacious, loquacious, and oh so gracious son? Pffft...I'm offended...

Just kidding, I'm really glad you made up your mind though. I think you made a good decision and I hope that it affords you all of those important opportunities.

I love you Mom!

Anonymous said...

your son is a nut...

but i love him :)