Friday, April 23, 2010

My Intercessor

Have you ever gotten to your prayer place and forgot what it was you wanted to pray about? Or have soo much on your mind that you know you need to pray and talk to God but do not know where to start and what to say/ Have you ever just felt like you know you need God time but how and when are a mystery to you?
Well I have to say sometimes my life gets so busy that I do not know if I have time to fit anything in. I know I need to have a quiet time with God but when do I do that? I could get up early in the morning but that would take away sleep time I do not have. I could pray before I go to bed but then I fall asleep before I finish my list of what I think I need to pray about.
Isn't it great that God knows us so well that He sent Jesus to be our intercessor our go-between for Him. He also left us with The Holy Spirit who is that inner voice that tells us "You need to pray" or read or spend time with God. My devotion for today is from Hebrews 7:11-28. In verse 25 it says "he is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them." That is the nature of my savior He is always there for me even when I do not know what I need. He is there. How wonderful our Lord is He knows me so well. He knows I sometimes get so busy I can not even think of what to pray so my savior is there to help me with the words I do not even know I have.

1 comment:

Dee said...

It has alway's been comforting to me to know that Jesus is an intercessor for me. Especially in my walk as a new believer.