Monday, April 26, 2010

Weighing the Pros and Cons

I have been thinking about everything lately I have been thinking about my health, my job and what to do with my life. I know I harbor on this it is because my perfect life situation would to be a grandma daycare. Spending my day with my family and grand kids and then I suppose knowing my self I would get bored with that also. Any how my diabetes has been a major issue lately. My blood sugars are out of control. The oral medication is not working at all and I have been taking insulin sometimes three times a day. (I hate that sooo much!) I have to find a way to gt control of this and I think my job situation is not helping. Right now away from home I can not get the doctor so she told me to use the insulin but when I get home we will have to get a better solution. The insulin helps bring down the blood sugar then I eat because I have to and it goes right back up! AARRGGHH!! But this is my life now I have to deal with it! I am trying it is not easy!
Anyhow because of the diabetes I have been thinking about my job and other decisions. When I am working a 12 hr day shift I have no time sit and eat. I usually rush through a meal that is not very good for me. So I thought maybe I should work the night shift. After all I do not sleep much at night anymore and maybe this could help all food venues would be closed and I would have to bring my lunches so I could pack good food, and nights are not as busy as days so maybe I can get some time to eat it. But then I do have one day when I am basically up for almost 16-20 hours trying to revert back and forth to life and work. Then I got a call from one of the girls I used to work with in the clinics a job is coming available. It is a coordinator job. The job is for a RN who would work in the mammo dept, Mon-Fri, 8-4:30. This RN would coordinate all the abnormal mammos, get the [patients back for their other views or biopsies then send them to the appropriate doctor for follow up. Great right?! Well working a Mon-Fri job while Kevin is not is kinda hard. He does have weekends off every four weeks for four weeks; and then the kids are not close so I will be traveling to see them periodically. Working three 12 hr shifts I do not have to take vacation time all the time working Mon-Fri I would have to take vacation time all the time. What to do? What to do? What to do?

I applied for the mammo coordinator job last night let some of the appropriate people know I applied, and now I am having second thoughts! What to do? What to do? What to do?
On the plus side for the mammo job I do love this kind of work it is more people orientated I will be helping people in different ways and not killing myself with floor nursing and all the craziness that comes with it.

No comments: