Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I did it!

Yesterday I packed up the dog and headed to see my grand son in Greer, SC. Doesn't sound like a big deal but for me it was. I had been suffering from panic attacks lately which have almost completely stolen my confidience. I used to do this thing all the time heading out for where ever I wanted to go when ever I wanted. Then the panic attacks started and I was lucky I could gert out of bed in the morning let alone go out of the house by my self. I would force my self to even go to work. At work I would be ok because my mind would be totally occupied. So I am taking medication to help with that now and the next step was to do something by my self. So yesterday I packed up the dog and headed on the three hour trip to Greer. I had to spend the night in a hotel alone with the dog because of course I stayed as long as I possibly could. Today, this morning I FEEL GREAT!!!!
While I was at my son and daughter in laws-in laws house I found out I was excepted in the Master's Program!!!! Next week I start the Master's Program for Nurse Educator!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Good for you! I know the feeling (as you know) and I think what has kept me from becoming a prisoner of anxiety is forcing myself to do things like this as I trust the Lord to help me through the discomfort. I know people who are crippled by it and I don't want to let myself get that way.