Thursday, April 21, 2011

My first tanning bed experience......OUCH!!

I went to the tanning bed for my first time ever because my husband and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas for my birthday in a few weeks. I was told I should get some tan before I go. So I went to the gym, joined, did my 30 min work out, then went into the tanning bed. It was a stand up tanning bed so I thought that was good. I could see out of it so I was not locked in a closet that's good. No claustrophobia attack good. Ok so Kev told me you go in naked; not me I did not want to take a chance a burned butt so I wore my under ware. The experience was good. It was warm felt like I was in the sun. I love the feel of the sun on my skin. BUT in the SUN I WEAR SUN SCREEN! I asked the attendant which one of their lotions had sunscreen they did not know and I could not wear sun screen for the natural sun. As I got out I noticed a sign on the side of the tanning booth I did not see before I went in. It said for fair skin first time 3-5 minutes. O my they told me the tanning booth was for 9 minutes and that's how long I stayed in. At first I did not feel anything. By the time I went to bed last night I was a little pink and tender under my arms on my side. Tonight HURT!!!
I am RED!!! I looked in the mirror I look the Bob the Tomato!

Word to those who want to tan in a bed and never have LOOK FOR SIGNS! DO NOT STAY IN FOR THE WHOLE TIME THE FIRST TIME!!!

No comments: