Thursday, July 12, 2012

Its Wednesday...Must be Hodge Podge

1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?

I check the weather frequently.  I have it on my iphone. I must know what the weather is going to be like before I get dressed for the day.

2. Since this is Volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend, it only seems right to post something related here.

 "Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
 
 Agree or Disagree? Why?
Hmm! I do not know if I agree or disagree I think happiness in a not chance but a goal to work towards. If I hold every problem against my spouse that I have ever found out about him I become bitter and have animosity against him. I view everyday as a new beginning and way to have fun and enjoy my spouse. We will be married 30 years this year and have been together for 35. I can still say he is my best friend and the person I count on the most. yeah we have our ups and downs but we still have a very happy marriage and enjoy each others company.



3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
I love to dance but have never taken lessons. I just do it for fun or when ever I feel like it. Not that good but I have fun.

4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or homemade peach ice cream. Pick one.
peach pie yummy!!!!warm with vanilla ice cream

5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?

Unfairness is a way of life it happens every day but I do not think we should have to get used to it. This is America and we can fight for what we think it right and fair.

6. The top five all time summer blockbuster movies (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and E.T. Which one's your favorite?

I would have to say Ghostbuster's. When it came out my kids were little and they loved it. When the video came out they watched it so much I could quote it. Now we are anxiously awaiting for the last sequel. Ghostbusters 3!


7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?

No I would not like wearing the space suit and helmet. No oxygen would be my down fall.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I applied for unemployment 7 weeks ago. It has been held up for technicalities.  They keep saying they are sending it to technical support and to call back tomorrow.....AAAHHHH!!!

No comments: