Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Morning spending quiet time with God

its Sunday morning and I have been spending quiet time with God. I have been reading a plan in my devotions for a year of Psalms and Proverbs. Today two verses struck me from Proverbs 12 which I was reading today.
Proverbs 12:4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who shames him is like rottenness in her bones.
This verse struck me because of all the hoopla going on for a male stripper movie. People are up in arms that Christian woman are going to see this movie and flaunting it on their Facebook pages and everywhere else. I have to say when I first saw the previews I thought I might want to see this movie too. As time has gone on I really do not care to. I saw two movies this week and enjoyed them more than ever. They were Brave and Madagascar 3. I saw both with my grandson. Both were terrific. I think movies should be entertaining but at what cost? Some one told me once garbage in makes garbage come out. Once the smut is in there (your brain) it is hard to get it out. So why should I spend money I do not have on smut. My husband would not mind either way if I go or if I do not. But for right now in this moment in time I am saying not and choosing not to see this movieonly because I want to be a crown to my husband and not add rottenness to his bones.

The second verse that struck me is:
Proverbs 12:18 There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, but the tounge of the righteous brings healing.
I know people, Christian people who think their job is to warn the world of all the wrong they are doing. The Bible does not say tell the world in rash and hurtful words EVERYTHING it is doing wrong. It does say to LOVE one another. If we LOVE one another we do not hurt them! Words can hurt sometimes more than any other weapon! My nephew posted a picture on his Facebook of Christians holding signs in protest saying God Hates You. Where do the find this in the Bible. I challenge them to show me passage and verse in context. Jesus Christ talked about LOVE not WAR. Our words should build people up not break them down. I may not agree with what an individual is doing but that does not mean I hate the person. because I am a sinner just as they are! My sin is different but I do have sin just like every other human born. That is why my savior Jesus Christ came to die for me and you no matter what!

Good Sunday Morning to all! I hope you have a wonderful day.....

1 comment:

Dee said...

Excellent post.