Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Found a peanut

When I was a girl there was a song we used to sing found a peanut....found a peanut ...it was rotten...it was rotten...ate it anyway....ate it any way....got a belly ache....got a belly ache....saw the doctor.... and on and on all they way to St Peter. Why am I remembering this old song you might say well. I haven't been here because I have been in the hospital for 5 days. Did not know what was wrong with me have been sick as I stated for in previous posts for a bout a month. I was admitted to the hospital because they thought I had an infection caused by having too much antibiotics, c diff, it is a bacteria that grows regularly in our digestive track but when to many antibiotics are taken it can take over and cause you to be very sick.... I was for off and on for a month... After spending three days in the hospital nauseated unable to eat and running to the bathroom, getting iv drugs to keep me from being nauseated and sleeping most of the time..My husband brought a letter to the hospital we received from Sam's Club. Seems we bought tainted pistachios from them... I ate them..all of them, guess how long it took me to finish the jar? You guess it one month. Problem is when we finally got this information I was feeling better and was not OFFICIALLY tested for the salmonella. But the doctor stated I had classic symptoms..... So this old song is lingering in my mind now...HMMMM! Glad to be back. I'll catch up as I can.

4 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

thats scarry! I didnt buy any of those pistacios, but I wanted to!
Hope your back to yourself soon.
Glenda

Gina said...

I am so glad you are feeling better and back home. I ate some pistachios the last two weeks, but thank God, I am feeling okay except for bronchitis twice in the last few weeks. I will pray that you continue to feel better and better and back to your old self soon.

Washer Mom Val said...

Major bummer! We have a can from Kraft of mixed nuts that had pistachios in it - we at them all and they were good! Then we got the phone call and letter - took in the empty can and they refunded us! Hmmmm Glad you are doing better - scary stuff!

Dee said...

Oh my - that is scary. I wondered why you wasn't posting. I am glad you are ok. what a tough ordeal!! Dee