Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Broken Heart

I am the kind of person who thinks everyone should get a second chance. If I love you I am going to hang in there with you and show Gods love even when hurtful. I grew up as a child of divorce. Remarriage from my mom and dad brought me more siblings. So I really have 3 sisters, 2 half brothers and 2 step sisters. Although they are half siblings and step siblings never mattered to me they were just my siblings. I grew up with my 2 brothers in the same house. My mom always tried and succeeded for the most part to keep us together as family unit. She had to work while we were growing up but always kept the family together. My youngest brother always had a special place in my heart and still does for the most part I can not let him go. Last night mom went to the house she gave to my brother, my grandmother's house, to find that he had moved out several weeks ago and was keeping his dogs pinned up in there. The house is trashed. He did come to the house and mom with the police at her side had to have him remove all his dogs and stuff from the house. He said many, many hurtful things to my mom who has done everything for him was even willing to file for bankruptcy for him so he could have that house. Some of the hurtful things he said were aimed at other family members who did not deserve it. Although nothing was aimed at me; he did crush my other brother whom I talked to for a good while last night while he a grown man cried because of the hurtful things that were said about him and his family.
I am angry because hoe hurt my other brother, my mom and my sister but I still can not give up on him. More and more everyday it seems like he gets further and further away but still I hope he will become the brother I know and love so much again. Every day brings news of how he has hurt someone else. I could cry every time I think of him and sometimes do my heart is broken and I wonder what happened to "my brother" the kind hearted light spirited clown we all loved.

4 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.
Your family will be in my prayer.

Dee said...

Most times hurting people hurt others. I will be praying for you to have peace. Keep loving him. Dee

Washer Mom Val said...

Seems it is easiest to hurt the ones we love - because they still love us. No matter what he does, you don't have to love the "things" he does, but you still love "him" for the person you know that is lost. Lifting your brother up in prayers - from someone who has a brother who is lost too.

Donna's Book Nook said...

It is so hard when someone we love makes wrong choices, and becomes hurtful to those who love him. My son went through a very bad time, and I went through a lot of heartache. He is not completely back yet, but he is spiritually back to the Lord, which is the most important thing. I'll continue to pray for you and your brother. Don't lose hope!