Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Busy...Busy...Busy..but am I too Busy

My summer has been a complete rush of everything. Family in town and entertaining for them; cleaning before they get here than after they leave. Traveling here and there with my husband, working, school and sitting in front of this computer.. Busy, busy,busy as an old saying from a childhood show says. What I just realized is have I been so busy that I have been neglecting God? Oh, I read my devotions most days. I pray most days. But do I pray as God tells me to continuously? No I do not think so. I used to talk to God all the time, but now I tend to keep my mind busy with school, or talking to someone on the phone or playing games. I really need to spend more time with God and doing what He wants me to do.

What is it He wants me to do? What are my gifts I am to use to serve Him?
My gifts are I believe mercy, which I use every day of my life I think. My job helps me use that one too.
I love to teach. I have not done that for a while but hope to do it again in the fall with jr high girls. I would love to teach and talk to them about the Lord. I believe this is a gift the Lord has given me also.
I also love to write. I used to write short stories all the time just for myself really. My family read some of them and told me to publish them. My dad thinks I should be a writer. I have been thinking about that one lately and have decided to start another blog with my short stories when the come to mind. I know, I know that is another thing to spend time on but I believe some of the short stories can appeal to the unsaved world and who knows maybe they will think about God.
So that is what I am going to do in the next few days. I am going to start another blog with just short stories from the inside of my head and my heart. Some are autobiographical some are pure fiction but the Lord has given me this gift and this is the perfect place to use it..
I will let you know when it is started if you want to know.

2 comments:

Donna's Book Nook said...

Good for you! I always thought I wanted to write, but have never pursued it. I think you should follow what your heart tells you to do.

Dee said...

Becky, I do, I do, I do, want to know when you start. I am looking forward to your stories. If your writing does for you what my doodles do for me...start NOW! :) Dee