Monday, August 31, 2009

Thunder Storms




I wanted to go to work this morning just to get a few extra hours making phone calls and stuff. The alarm went off and I heard the thunder and rain. I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep.
I love to sleep when there are thunder storms. I also love to watch the lightning light up the sky. When I was younger I was told the thunder was the angels bowling; and lightening was angels turning the lights off and on. It is amazing to me what we tell our children to explain life's mysteries. I remember telling my children the same stories.
I remember when I lived at my dad's house up on a hill in Pittsburgh the lightening used to hit the ground it was beautiful. My sister, step-mom and I would sit and watch like we were watching a fireworks display. But then again I guess lightening is God's display of fire works. One of them at least. I hope you are having a wonderful day where ever you are and you can see the magnificence of God in your day.

No comments: