Monday, September 28, 2009

Is Fall Here??

Is Fall here? I ask because I live in South Carolina and it is still 80 degrees or higher. Actually that feels cool to me. You may laugh but summers here are 90-100 and with the heat index (that is what it actually feels like) it can be up to 110 or more at worst. So 80 degrees is nice. Right now at 5:29pm my temp on my computer reads 82. The weather man says it going to get cooler but we shall see.
I am originally from Pennsylvania and what I miss the most living here is the Fall. I love the change of seasons. I love to drive along the highway and see all the vibrant colors on the side of the roads and the hill sides. I miss that here. The trees do change some but not like at home.
I know its Fall because the kids are back in school and the haloween costumes are in the stores, but it sure doesn't feel like it right now.

7 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I will try to post some beautiful Texas autumn pictures for you Becky.

Washer Mom Val said...

I can relate - KS doesn't have the same beauty up north...I miss reds and oranges.....here everything turns yellow and brown. But I still welcome the season change! Nights get cooler at least.

Becky said...

Yes, it is definately fall. The temp here in Pittsburgh is 53 today. And the leaves are turning and blowing off the trees as we are having wind gusts of up to 40 mph. Soon the snow will be falling. Ug.

Dee said...

It fall in Michigan ferrr sure! Brrrr.

Becky said...

Barb was that you that posted from Pgh? Just wondering cause I know I did not. lol

Becky said...

Yes, it was me from Pgh. How do I get my name on the comment

Becky said...

try clicking on the open id or name/url. You can sign me out and you can sign in also.