Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Hodge Podge Wednesday
1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in?
I grew up in two different towns in Pittsburgh PA. The first is right in the heart of the city a little neighborhood called Bloomfield. It was always Italian city of Pgh. Some of the faces and stores have changed but a lot has also stayed the same. The biggest change is my grandmother no longer lives in the house my mom grew up in. They moved in when my mom was very young and my mom and grandmother moved out about 4-5 years ago. I have not been back since. The second town is Duquesne PA. Duquesne was a mill town. Everyone worked at US Steel. In the 80s when all went bad with them the mill closed and so did the town. There is no any schools there. A huge memorial that was in front of the high school where we used to hang out is even gone. The ton is now a haven for drugs. It is very sad!
2. What song makes you laugh?
HMMM! song that makes me laugh??? Remember those old songs where they would ask questions like a reporter then put in other songs as the answer those always made me laugh. A few days ago I was listening to my satellite radio station on the 70s and heard the song the streak that also made me laugh.
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world? Yes, I am a recent follower of Harry Potter. While at my daughter's house on the west coast she told me I just had to see them from the beginning. So she got me hooked. I will not be waiting in line to see will probably see it later.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
I will not tell a lie. Once you start to lie a web of deception surrounds you and you soon forget what lies you are telling. It is much easier to remember the truth. I think we would be better off in a world without deception but also one would need tactfulness like you would not just tell someone for no reason I hate your hair or clothes or whatever.
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
You could saute anything in butter and garlic for me! I am an Italian girl at heart although there is also German and Irish in there> I spent most of my life from childhood on eating cooking from Italian grandmother.
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
Not that I know of I missed my high school reunion last summer, but did later meet with my best high school girlfriends. It was so much fun. We laughed all weekend!
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
I do not know if I can pick one. Lilac smells so good and looks pretty on the tree. Hydrangeas are beautiful! Peony's bloom all summer long. Lets see I think I would say hydrangea.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I only have two more days of work, today and tomorrow. They we pack up as much as my Subaru can hold and head to Ohio. After 15 years I will be leaving South Carolina to move closer to home. it will be wonderful to be able to visit my dad and my 97 year old grandmother when ever I want which will be lots! Have holidays with family watching my nieces and nephews opening presents or their kids opening presents on Christmas again. Instead of just me and Kevin on Christmas morning. So for next weeks Hodge Podge I will be an Ohio resident all I have to do to really move on is sell the house! Any one interested???