Friday, October 26, 2012

Thinking about my friend

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine from South Carolina is suffering in the end stages of ovarian cancer. She just turned 30 a couple weeks ago while on a ventilator in the hospital that was breathing for her. She is now in a hospice center. She is an inspiration! I first met her about 5-6 years ago at church. My husband introduced us; she was a greeter. A bright and cheerful face welcoming all who came to our church while fighting the devastating disease of ovarian cancer in her 20's!

Thinking about her makes me so sad. But she is such an inspiration. She is fighting for a miracle that will save her at the last minute; but knows if it does not come she will see Jesus soon and she is good with that. I was struck yesterday when getting an update from a mutual friend that she, friend with cancer, asked if one of the ladies would sing at her funeral! (The lady she asks often sings in church and has a beautiful voice).

I sent flowers last night. I am miles away now in Ohio and I just wanted to be able to make her smile, one more time! My heart is breaking for her and her family. She has a young daughter and husband along with extended family.

Time like these make me think my struggles are not that bad.......

Please dear Lord help Marie as she fights. May she not be in pain. May she see your face and know she is coming home to you. Please also Lord be with her family as they fight this fight with her.

All my Love Marie!! I will see you again someday. I wish I could hug you in person!! But I will have to give a virtual hug. ((((Marie))))

No comments: