1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl will feature the New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
A Patriot is someone who loves their country and stands up for the principles that make that country great.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
Closing and moving into this new home
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
My grandfather died. This stands out to me because it was my grandfather but also because it was a traumatic time in my life. I had a fight with my sister moved out of my mother and step-father's home and moved in with my dad. I was not a Christian yet and I remember sitting on my dad's steps crying and asking God to make him well. That did not happen; it led to a few years of heavy drinking and partying for me. Praise the Lord he brought me through it.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up? I really have no strong attachment to any. I do not make mashed potatoes because I make them very lumpy but I could eat my mom's, step mom's or anyone else's!
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as being the coldest you've ever experienced.
I remember a Christmas must have been in the 80s it was so cold Christmas day our car froze up while we were visiting my grandmother. It was something like 20 below with wind chill.
And ahhh, it was pretty cold last week when it was 10!
6. You're hosting a brunch....what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
Potato casserole with cheese and cream cheese kinda like the Hash Brown Casserole from Cracker Barrel.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
Walk away, do something else and ignore.
8. Insert your own random thought here. '
I have been thinking a lot lately about mission work. Especially children in other countries who live in orphanages. I wish I could bring them all home with me. I have also been thinking how I could incorporate my future education into helping with this. Maybe a social work degree along with my nursing degree.