Sunday, January 29, 2012

Being Close to Home is so Nice

For the past 15 years my family and I have lived outside Charleston, SC. It was 12hr drive from home. We could get here for an emergency and came for trips and vacations periodically but coming for birthdays, anniversaries, and other occasions because of the drive. Now we are only 3 hours away it is so nice! My own kids had moved away for Charleston, one went to the west coast, the other to NC. So the hubby and I moved back home or at least close to it. Last night we went to my nephew's 30th birthday, well actually he is my cousin's son but we have been close as sisters all our lives so he IS my nephew. I had a wonderful time seeing him celebrate his birthday. I spent an amazing time with my very best friend, my cousin, my sister. We have not been able to do that for so long because we moved away.
This weekend I get to spend time with my dad to celebrate his 71st birthday. I am very excited and so blessed to be able to move closer to home. SO now if I could only talk my children into moving here it would be perfect.

No comments: