It's Wednesday again. Hodge Podge gives me a chance to not think about the things going on in my life and answer just some random questions that may be of interest to someone some where. I LOVE IT!!!!!
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
I am so absolutely tired of hearing about the fiscal cliff! I do not want to hear it ever again!!
The last time I rode on a train was in Washington DC. I went to DC in 2000. My daughter's high school band was doing concerts around town for the Millenium Celebration. Does that count??
Other wise it was about 27 years ago I packed up my twins then about 2 and took the train to Boston Mass to visit my mother in Maine.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping?
I LOVE BAGELS!! My favorite flavor is onion. and I top with cream cheese.
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
Les Miserable!! I loved that movie!!
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?
I think it is ridiculous. The move towards everything is making me want to puke. I am sorry to be so descriptive. But we have done so much to FIX things and it seems to me things get worse and worse. Are these things really making things better??
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
some one comes in and cleans m room each day!
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice?
Hopeful would be my word. We are waiting for a few things to happen. We still have a house for sale in SC that is now trying to get a short sale on (which is a nightmare!!! I have done and found more paperwork than I ever have! Even when we ought houses this is worse.) I just want it to be over! I am hopeful I will get a real full time job, not be community faculty so I am have no stability to my work.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am really trying to keep my head up and be positive this year. I found a church and will be going to a woman's Bible Study Sunday mornings. Day to day is rough sometimes, I am now checking my blood sugars four times a day and counting everything I eat to keep my sugars in tact.
Sometimes I feel like I just want to run away but I know can not run from myself! I do not want to be Eeyore and mope through my life.