Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First Hodge Podge of 2013

http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/SincerelyShannon-designs/Blog%20Buttons/Hodgepodgebutton.jpg
" />
Its a whole new year and I wanted to start the year off with Hodge Podge again!! I want to make sure I have time for some fun things along with all the crazy hecktic things that rule my life.



1. How did you ring in the new year?

At home with hubby. Quiet night. He was sleeping when 2013 came in. I was sleeping shortly after.

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?

Getting healthy. I am a diabetic and it has been out of control. I went to the doctor yesterday and a class to learn to count the carbs I eat to regulate my blood sugars. I need to do this. I know I do.

3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
I think that is crazy talk! I am the same person I was last year and the same person I was the year before.

4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?

I love emerald green; it is my birthstone. I already own some green, I will probally add more.

5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?

Of course I like diamonds!!! But I am very partial to emeralds too

6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.

Since most of the books I have read are for some kind of schooling I am going to pick a movie and I liked the Disney movie Brave. I watched it this summer with my grandson Ethan when he came here.

7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?

You can do anything through CHrist who strengthens you!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am still looking for a job. I am working at a local college recently but it is as a community faculty which is not a permanent position so no benefits, no vacation, actually no security.
I have applied for a few cancer nurse jobs. One of which I would really really realy like.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hope that the job materializes this year! I know that has been stressful. Take care of yourself too : )