Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hodge Podge Time!!








1. This week marks the beginning of Lent... will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?

I haven't really thought about it, to be honest. But I am doing a Bible Study right now called the Frazzled Female which encourages daily devotions. I am not very good at daily devotions. Time has always been my enemy but now in between jobs again, maybe this is the perfect time.

2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday...traditionally you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
I have to say first I have never heard of the Tuesday before Lent to be called Shrove Tuesday or pancake day. I have heard of Fat Tuesday. 
Anyhow back to pancakes, I do like them. My favorite is from IHOP (international House of Pancakes) a, although I have not been there since moving here. The favored pancakes are honey nut with butter pecan syrup!! YUMMY!!! wish I had some now!!

3. I am sure there are many, but whats one love song you really love?

Always and Forever by Heatwave an older song but I have always loved it! I say it is mine and hubby's song. Although he does not remember it.

4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?

I take care of them, help them. Listen when needed. Can't really think of anything else.

5.  Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?

I love flowers, any kind of flowers!! Red roses are my favorite. So I would love to get a dozen red roses at my door. But the tulips sound pretty too.


6.  President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you?  Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park(FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring?  Why?
I am not really a history person. I think it is cool and would go t any of the homes just to see the décor and what they looked like.

7.  Are you good at keeping secrets?
Mostly, yes. But I almost always tell my husband everything!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I am going to visit my Dad this weekend in Pittsburgh, PA. It is a three hour drive. My little dog Ollie is coming too. Dad is allergic to dogs but Ollie is hypoallergenic so he can come, Belle our lab pup is not so my hubby is going to stay with his brother and bring Belle. Belle’s biological brother is there so they can reunite and have some fun. We will all be together; Belle just can’t stay at dad’s that’s all. Looking forward to some Dad time!!!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Always and Forever was my hubs highschool prom song. I think he associates that with his then girlfriend-ha. I like it anyway.

Have a safe trip and enjoy time with your family!