Its that wonderful time of the week where we get to learn just a little bit more about each other. It's Hodge Podge Wednesday!! Join us!
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
The last time that sticks out in my mind was years ago at Magnolia Garden's in Charleston, SC. My sister in law and I were on a stroll down the garden path when all the sudden came the biggest snake I had ever seen in my life! And he just slid across the path! I was TERRIFIED!! It was inches from me!!!! it went across the path and up a tree on the other side almost like he was saying excuse me while I cross this path to go to my tree. We almost ran out of the gardens and I never went back! that should tell you how I feel about snakes.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
No, I do not believe in luck but that does not mean I will not buy a lottery ticket every once in a while.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
None actually; I lived in South Carolina for 15 years! It does not snow there. With that being said every time it snows now I want to run around in it and fall to the ground and make snow angles. Maybe my daughter when my daughter moves back home and my grandsons are close I can do those things. O, and I will!!All of them!!
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I have been working as a nurse educator of first year nursing students since August of last year. I see it every day in their faces as they try to grasp the idea of nursing. It is not all book smarts there are many other aspects to it. I have tried to make them understand that because I know from experience. In school you learn the techniques and knowledge base but you can not fully know how to be a good nurse until you are a nurse.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
A few months ago.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
Chocolate!!! I love it!! I crave it and then I HAVE to HAVE IT!
7. Are you a doodler?
Nope, I do doodle at times but mostly I am a writer. I write all kinds of stuff. I have another blog where I write short stories and poems. I have note books aroound the house with writings. Maybe someday I will write a whole book. I have thought about it many times!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week on Tuesday I found out I will only have my job until the end of next week. They may need me in the fall but as now they do not need me any more. With that being said God has done amazing things for me in this past week. if I have peaked your interest read my last blog for details...... Praise the Lord for He is in control!!!!