Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Missing my kiddos

Tonight I checked my face book page and saw pictures of my son and daughter in law at her baby shower last Sunday several hours away from me. I was unable to go to the shower. It made me sad to see my son and daughter in law celebrating with her family. Don't get me wrong Elise's family are wonderful people. I just get jealous sometime I guess. My daughter was pregnant across country from me now my daughter in law is pregnant away from me. I only have two kids. Both of them are away from me and so are my grandchildren while the families of their spouses are right there. I try to be the bigger person but sometimes it just makes me sad! I have nothing else to say about that.

I can rejoice because I will see them ALL next week. My daughter and grandson will be here in 4days. My grandson called today and told me "Memaw I am ready to get on a plane and come to your house!" I am so excited I can not wait to see them!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

My eldest daughter lives on the west coast which is a three day drive from us, or several hours by plane. She isn't expecting or anything but I know I will have to deal with similar feelings when she and her husband start a family.

Dee said...

Hi, I am in still in Illinois visiting the grandkids. I am to pooped to post ,but wanted to visit all my blogger friends. I can relate to how you feel. I feel we miss out on a lot, even if we do get picures and stuff in the mail. While here we bought a web cam for our computer and my sons computer so we can have a visual interaction with the kids. Have a super dupper week with your daughter and grandson. :) Dee

Gina said...

Both my daughters live in SC and I live up in Michigan. I only get to see them a few times a year and it breaks my heart. I know about the jealousy you experience, I do too. But I think the worst is the loneliness, but our God is a big God and will help us through these times.