Monday, November 10, 2008

Pearl Harbor the Movie......Veterans Day

I just watched the end of Pearl Harbor the Movie with Ben Affleck. I have seen it before so I did not ruin myself forever by seeing the end. It is a great movie if you have never seen it. I love Ben. He reminds me of my younger brother I do not know why. But he does. When Ben cries in a movie it tugs at my heart strings. I am not afraid to say I cry with him. EVERY TIME! Any how, the movie is a good historical movie for those who like that with a love story and touch of drama a love triangle, and let us not forget WWII.

It just makes me think of those men and women who are fighting for our country now over seas. I may not always agree with the war but I think the veterans fighting and retired deserve our respect and honor. My daughter and son in law were both in the army and could have gone to Iraq or Afghanistan. When I asked them why they would want to do that both of them simply replied. "It is my job, that is what I do." Their term ended before either of them had to go, I thank the Lord for that! But I know others have sons, daughters, moms, dads, brothers and sisters over there. I think we should all say a prayer for them as we go through our day tomorrow. They deserve it.

2 comments:

Washer Mom Val said...

I love Ben too! I'll have to watch for the movie on our DVR.

Cindy said...

I had to smile at the very first sentence "I watched the Pearl Harbor movie with Ben Affleck" like he was sitting there watching it with you! lol! That would make for a fun Veteran's Day! lol

In all seriousness though, I also have taken time today to appreciate what our military men and women have done and are doing for us.