Saturday, February 18, 2012

A day about Love and .....

I originally started to write this on Valentines day.

Today is a day all about love and I am feeling not so loving about someone today. I feel bad for saying that but I have to admit it is true. This person is someone whom I did not like from the beginning. Something about him and his crudeness that I did not like. He was my husband's friend or so we thought. Until my husband was in line for a job promotion. DH put in for it. His friend was one of the deciding votes; sounds good so far doesn't it? Well DH did not get said job because his friend betrayed him. Then had the nerve to tell him he did not think he wanted it enough. ??? What was that supposed to mean?? Well we moved on....We moved away..... Now this person has excepted a position here with my husband as a supervisor. Although he will not be DH's supervisor he will be here none the less. Since excepting the position he has been contacting DH. As far as I am concerned I want nothing to do with him. He will be on opposite shifts meaning he will be working when DH is off and vise versa.
He will even be moving into the third floor apartment the first of the month. I have been stewing on this for a while. I am sorry to admit I even prayed that he would not get the job. I know that is mean but he hurt my hubby!  His wife is a very nice lady that I actually like and she sent me a friend request on Facebook; I have neither excepted or denied yet.

The thought of this is always right up front in my mind. I guess I am holding a grudge. I started a reading plan for my devotion a few days ago on attitude. It is really making me think in this area.
The preface to the attitude study says"It has been said that attitude is everything. You are not always in control of what happens to you, but you are in control of how you respond. Your attitude is the only thing you can control 100%of the time."
The first day the reading was in Matthew 22:37 which tells me to love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul. No problem with that; I do!
Day 2 Colossians 3:2 Keep my mind fixed on things in heaven not on earth. OK, I can do that?. I think I do.
Day 3, yesterday; Romans 5:5-8 which says God poured His hope out on us while we were still sinners, one translation says wicked! When I was still a wicked sinner God poured out His Love on me! Christ died for me! He loved me even on my most wicked day! He died for me.

OK with regards to how I started this blog about a person I do not like. God does! He loves him! This man is not a Christian, so I must be a witness to him. I am going to admit this is going to take a lot of work. I DO NOT LIKE HIM! I could be selfish and say no I don't like him and I will not like him and I don't want to be nice to him or have anything to do with him.
But I think it is not a coincidence that I started this particular study on attitude. I do not believe in coincidences. God lead me to this study for a reason; to deal with this.
This will by no means be easy; but I will pray for him. I will ask God to resolve my feelings for this guy and help me forgive him.  I just stopped to absorb that and believe me it is not at all what I want to do! I had a vision of company parties and picnics where we would see each other and have to social and civil......I don't know if I can do this! But; God can and He will have to help me have a change of heart. I know He can......He has before......

No comments: