1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
My family makes me proud. My marriage makes me proud. My children make me proud; my grandchildren make me proud. God keeps me humble. Actually I think I am a humble person but by saying that I am not being humble. HMMMM......
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
Right now have no idea; since the only furniture I have in my house right now is TV, futon, table and chair for computer and hideous ugly bar stools. Once we really get settled I will let you know. But usually it is a counter top or table....
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
I never really did make it a point to visit national parks but recently I have been more appreciative of nature and the world around us. Not like chaining my self to a tree or anything like that but just looking at the beauty of this country and this earth God has given us. Sometime I look at the beauty in nature and can not understand how any one can look at it and not believe in God.
As for a favorite park; in the Charleston, SC area the Isle of Palms County Park is a great place to enjoy the beach.
4. How would you define honor?
Honor is appreciation for someone. We should honor our police and firemen/women. They put their lives on the line to help keep us safe and rescue us from harm. Like the service men and women who serve our country at home and in foreign countries.
5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
I like the devil's food. I am a chocolate girl. I love it! Some would say obsessed with it. I have to have it! Sometime I have self control.........but not always!
6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
Wow bunch of questions to answer. Ok here goes. our last road trip was back to SC to get things together for the movers. I like the leisure (although I have to say when DH is driving I sleep a lot of the trip....not intentionally I just feel comfortable and safe with him driving and it lulls me to sleep). The drive from here to SC is 10-12 hours depending on traffic and weather. We usually stop for BR breaks more often for me. then again we do stop for lunch and dinner when we go there, or on long road trips. My snack of choice are pretzel rods, love the salt....I savor them. So if you see me on the road it may look like I have a stogie but it is not only a pretzel rod.
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes.
The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
OUTRAGE!!! How dare they take a home made lunch away from a child and give them chicken nuggets! What part of the packed lunch was unhealthy??? I think this country has gone of the deep end with some of this craziness!!! Next thing you know I will be told what objects I can carry in my purse!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
today was LONG!! I had to go to new job site to fill out paperwork and have physical. Another TB test which I do understand. deal with frustration from a rent a car company to long to get into right now. Bottom line the customer service center when I placed the order said a car could be picked up with cash. When we tried to do that we could not and the banks were to close to closing time to help.
What happened to using cash in this country? Why do you need a credit card? I could go on and on but I won't I want to end the day with better thoughts and relax!