Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hodge Podge Wednesday



1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?

Hang a flag on holidays honoring veterans. Tell them you appreciate what they are doing, or have done to serve their country. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Border Patrol workers should be appreciated too! They serve in the battle called USA!


2. Besides a flag, what is something you own that is red, white, and blue?
 
Actually I do not think I do..I do have red things, blue things and white things but not together.  Just my flags.


3. Does love really conquer all?
 
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:12-13 What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face. What I know now is only partial; then it will come complete- as complete as God's image of me. Meanwhile these three things remain faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love.
So God says love is pretty powerful....So I'll have to agree with Him!



4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
 
Strawberry shortcake.....strawberry ANYTHING!  YUMMY!!


5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?
 
Not really do I share personal stuff but I do talk to her. It is a her now was a him for 15 years in SC.



6. Does money lead to selfishness?
 
I sure hope not cause I plan on winning the Power Ball tonight! LOL!
 
Actually all kidding aside I think money does not cause selfishness. A person can be selfish and poor also!


7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?
 
I would have to say my kitchen counter tops  and bar stools with my hubby sit on it there.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
 
I did not pass the dreaded EKG test so I have to take it again! As you know I am also not happy about the job. Well at this time I think they are not happy with me because I spoke up. So this morning I got very sarcastically told by the educator about my need to take the test again. (I am not crazy and making this up two other nurses heard it and ask me what I was going to do about it.) I cried my way home talking to my mom, tried to sleep got about a half an hour. Then my hubby and I decided to take a day trip so we got in the car and headed to the shore of lake Erie in Ohio. We ended up in a nice little town on Port Clinton after walking around decided to go back for a few days...









As for the work thing today was to great to go back over that again so I will post more later. Now just want to post you some pictures of our day trip.

2 comments:

Marti said...

What a beautiful lake! EKG's can be a mystery. Lucky for me, when I was testing out that course, I got an easy one. It is a shame that your teacher can't be more supportive. Have a peaceful day.

Theresa said...

It always helps clear my mind to go to the water too :)