1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
I really do not have a favorite summer song. I do not listen to the radio much unless I am listening to classic rock. Then I like the Eagles, Queen, and that kind of music mostly. I also listen to Christian music Mercy Me, Mandisa and Matthew West.
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
I Love summer salads like potato salad, taco salad, and fruit salads. Yum!!
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
I think Thomas Edison just because his invention changed the world.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I moved out of my mom's house the week before I turned 18; because of a fight with my sister before school one morning and not getting along with my step-dad. I moved into my dad's where I stayed until I was 20. That year we went to a Christmas party and our designated driver was the drunkest of all so I spent the night in Kevin's apartment. When I got home my dad told me I could be grounded or move out. I moved out and in with Kevin. We got married in Sept of the next year and will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary this year.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
I am not sure. I never have time for anything or extra money. I guess I should like saving money since I am unemployed now.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Crisis. We American's are great in a crisis, but we forget quickly.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
Not actually this summer but in September for our anniversaries my hubby and I, and my cousin and her hubby (her hubby grew up with my hubby its how we met) are going to Punta Cana for our anniversaries. They will be married 31 years, us 30.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am very excited my daughter and grandsons are arriving tonight. My daughter and younger grandson Remy will be here till June 28. My oldest grandson Ethan, he is 6 is staying a while.