Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hodge Podge



1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?

Freedom and liberty mean America to me. I have many freedoms in this country I would not have in other countries including this blog.


2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?

Just ketchup for me. Heinz ketchup is best!



3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?

Pizza or chocolate would be on my menu! Maybe both!

4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?

definitely democracy. we talk about it then I usually do what I want or he does what he wants.

5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?

One of two places we used to go to a water park in Ohio called Holiday Sands.
I spent a big part of my childhood here in the summers. Sadly it is no longer there. Or  Kennywood park! Loved them both!


6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?

My daughter and her family or my son and his family.

7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?

I think my grandson and I are  going to go back to my dad's house cause hubby is working.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am having a wonderful time spending time with my daughter and grandsons. Remy the younger one is teething two year old molars and he is getting pukey.  But we are still having fun. He is fine then starts coughing because of allergies then it well you figured it out. My daughter and Remy are leaving tomorrow but older grandson Ethan staying until July 11 when I take him home and stay there a few days.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Enjoy the 4th with your grandson! That old water park looks like it was a lot of fun. Life was simpler I think.

debseveryday said...

Enjoyed your answers! Have a nice visit with your family!

Dee said...

As always I enjoy stopping by your blog on Wednesday. I am glad you are getting to spend time with your grands...nothing as joyful or rewarding a time as that. :)

Krista said...

Mmmm Pizza. I could eat pizza everyday I think I just love it! The water park that closed looked really cool! It is a shame that there are not more places like that these days.