Sunday, May 15, 2011

Question....Looking for you opinion...on this

My husband got a promotion,YEAH!! But the promotion also consist of a relocation. We live in Charleston, SC now and the new job is in Ohio. That part is OK because Pittsburgh, PA is home for us and we will only be 2 1/2 hours away from home now.
My husband was excited so he posted on Facebook. People started responding. Then those who are friends here with both of us started posting on my Facebook too. My boss who is a friend of mine whom I have known for years, she recently became my boss. So of course she is my friend on Facebook. I did not want her to find out about this on Facebook so I told her about the relocation. The problem is now she is taking me to write a letter of resignation now. problem is I most likely will not be moving until sometime in July. That is more that 6 weeks from now. She said she wants to post the job. My problem is what happens if someone wants MY job! That means I will not have a job before I want to be out of a job. What would you do? Write letter or tell her not yet. I have gotten three emails and a text message from my boss over this.....Help!

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Can you write the letter of resignation now but make it effective some date in July? If she's pestering you that much, I'd do what I could to comply - and keep the job as long as possible. Otherwise, if you refuse to comply with her request, you may find yourself out of a job regardless?

When I retired, I gave 3 months' notice. My boss found my replacement early, but I spent the last 3-4 weeks training her. Perhaps that's what your boss would like to do. Good luck!