Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday Hodge Podge



Sorry I am late busy day at work had to chill a while when I got home.....Anyway here goes.

1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have one let's pretend you do.

I would like to learn a different language. Italian is my dream, probably because my grandmother's family came from there. But Spanish is more practical. My son tells me if I learn Spanish I should get Italian too because both are romantic languages.

2. What makes a good dad?

I think a good dad is there for his family. He follows God's example of the Father. He is always there for his family. He provides for his family. He loves his family and protects them.

3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?

YES I AM!!! Does it make a difference??? I don't like any of them except maybe lady bugs and butterflies....

4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?

My hubby has a Big Green Egg. It is a ceramic cooker, this week he cooked pork chops on it they were terrific. Tonight was inside cooking spaghetti.

5.. Do you believe playing is more important than winning?

I do believe playing is important. Winning is also important it helps build the person gives them successes in their lives. But, I also think loosing is important. People do not always win in life this helps the player and lets them know they will have successes and failures in life.

6.Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year?

I burn. I am light haired and light skinned with that being said I do love the sun. I now use sun screen (I am a cancer nurse) but not as often as I should I admit.

7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would...

I would never have thought I would have my bachelor's degree in nursing and working on a nurse practitioner's license in women's health. I was happy just being a nurse working with my cancer patients.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Hopefully this whole moving process will be over soon. The what ifs are what is the most mind boggling. But the crazy part is I am confident that God is working this situation. This is a new feeling for me I am a worry wart. I am the one who had panic attacks the last time we even thought this may happen. But now I am calm, confident and trusting in God that He has us right in the palm of His hand!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Becoming fluent is on my list...French. Then I want to go live in France for a year. I will need to perfect it with the locals, right? : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I used to be able to speak fairly fluently in Spanish ... but that was 40 years ago. :-o