Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Hodge Podge Wednesday
1. Have you ever been to the US capitol- Washington DC? If so what's your favorite site? If not what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
Yes I have been to the capitol. It was a good/bad experience for me. My daughter's band was selected to be one of the bands in 2000 millennium celebration of the states. My mom, my son and I drove up to follow her around and watch her concerts. We got LOST everywhere we went. I could get no where! Then someone told us to take the metro (train, subway). We did it was nicer but not all that great to get to the Lincoln memorial where they played we had to go to Arlington cemetery cross a major highway then we got there for the concert and had to go back the same way to get back. it took us forever to find the White House. There are two Pennsylvania Ave's. Any how it was an experience. We did see the Lincoln Memorial which was great. Arlington Cemetery which I think was the best place we went, because we got to see the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown, and the eternal flame at President Kennedy's grave. We saw the Jefferson memorial, that we found when we were lost it was like OH look there is a memorial lets stop here.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings in your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride?
I think the last wedding I went to was a few years ago. My friends daughter got married. No I was not a summer bride I got married in September. It will be 29 years this year.
3. What's your favorite way to eat strawberries?
I absolutely LOVE strawberries I love to eat them any way actually; but my most favorite is covered in chocolate. HMMM!!
4. What's one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
Well, I have a ton going on this summer with moving and all but I have to say I am looking forward to spending time with my grandson. I am going to go get him a week or two before my daughter comes for a visit. I can't wait!!
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
Yes I do like it and I do use it from time to time. Mostly when I do not want to wait in line.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice?
If you are nice to people many of them will be nice to you. (Couldn't really think of anything right now.)
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your favorite choice for summertime?
I LOVE my flip flops!!
8. Insert random thought here.
Our house is now up for sale and hopefully will sell soon so we can move on to the bigger and better things the Lord has planned for us.